With a degree in biological sciences, you can investigate topics in biochemistry, biomedicine, cell biology, ecology, genetics, microbiology, pathobiology, and physiology.
Biological Sciences: What is it?
The study of life is what biological sciences are. You can select the areas that most interest you in this broad and adaptable curriculum, which examines all living things. You can choose to investigate the immune system, disease processes, physiological processes, or the environment, ecosystems, and biodiversity at a global scale.
What Biological Sciences degrees can you study?
Biological Sciences undergraduate degrees include:
- Marine Biology BSc
- Microbiology BSc
- Animal Behaviour BSc
- Biological Sciences BSc
- Biotechnology BSc
An integrated foundation year, a master’s, a professional placement, or studying abroad are among the options.
Why study Biological Sciences?
A degree in biological sciences allows you the ability to learn more about the origins of life, develop your talents, and open up a wide range of professional options.
- Knowledge of the subject in depth, together with laboratory proficiency and fieldwork experience
- Placement with an industrial company may have also allowed you to obtain experience.
- Report writing
- Time management
- Critical and analytical thinking
- IT skills and digital literacy
- The Royal Society of Biology can validate degrees.
- Additional accreditations, such as those from the Royal Society of Chemistry or the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, may be attached to degrees.
What jobs can you get as a Biological Sciences graduate?
Graduates seek employment in biology in a variety of contexts. You might work in research, business, education, or medicine. As an alternative, you can use your newly acquired talents to enter the world of finance, data analysis, management, or marketing.
- Policy advisor
- Research Associate
- Science communicator
- Science journalist
- Advertising executive
- Clinical trials specialist
- Epidemiology and information analyst
- Forensic scientist
- Management consultant
- mRNA biologist
Similar subjects to Biological Sciences
Additional topics that might interest you are:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Natural Sciences