Kwararafa University Wukari was founded to be a top-tier university that pursues knowledge and scholarship via instruction, research, and community service. It aims to provide students with the knowledge and entrepreneurial skills they need to succeed and be self-sufficient.
About Kwararafa University Wukari
The Kwararafa University is situated in Wukari, Taraba State, Nigeria. It was founded in 2005 and is approved by the National Universities Commission. In 2005, the National Universities Commission granted the university its Wukari Jubilee license. It began in March 2006 with 61 students as the first community-sponsored university in Nigeria, the first university in Taraba State, and the second private university in Nigeria’s North Eastern Geopolitical Zone.
The university, which is based in the historic city of Wukari, changed its name from Wukari Jubilee to Kwararafa in February 2012 to better reflect the confederacy’s cultural and historical roots, which at their height included the modern states of Niger, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa, and Benue, as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in the north central geopolitical zone, Edo and Cross River in the south-south Taraba and 22 other federation states send students to Kwararafa University, which also has friendly ties to the local community.
Its primary value is encouraging community interaction because the university is recognized as a Community University. Another is its historical status as the country’s first community-licensed institution, the first university in Taraba State, the third private university in Nigeria’s 19 northern states, and one of the less expensive private universities in the country.
Faculty and Departments At Kwararafa University
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- B.Sc Accounting
- B.Sc Economics
- B.Sc Business Administration
- Sc Political Science and International Relations,
- B.Sc Public Administration
- B.Sc Sociology
- B.Sc Criminology and Security Studies
- B.Sc Mass Communication
- B.Sc Geography
COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCE
- B.Sc Biology
- B.Sc Computer Science
- B.Sc Statistics
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- B.Ed Educational Management
- B.Ed Guidance and Counselling
- B.Ed Human Kinetics and Health Education
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Kwararafa University Wukari
How many Students Does KWU admit per year?
This is at the discretion of the university. The university began in March 2006 with 61 students.
Is Kwararafa University a Federal or State School?
It is a private university.
What is the Jamb cut-off mark for KWU?
The cut-off mark for all courses in KWU 2023/2024 academic session is 180. This serves both as the KWU JAMB cut-off mark and KWU departmental cut-off mark.
What is Kwararafa University Wukari Official Website?
Is Kwararafa University Wukari a good school?
Yes, the university ranked 155th in Nigeria and 13636th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels in KWU?
Yes. The university hostel accommodation for students is conducive for students.
When is the Post UTME form coming out for KWU?
Yes. The university admission form 2023 is out. The University Post UTME form for 2023/2024 Academic Session is on sale.
Is Kwararafa University Under ASUU?
Who founded Kwararafa University Wukari?
The university is acknowledged by National Universities Commission
What are the requirements for KWU?
General Admission Requirements
The UTME entry and the Direct Entry are the two main entry methods for admission to an undergraduate program at KUW.
KWU admission requirements through UTME
Candidates for UTME admission to Kwararafa University Wukari in 2023 must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- A minimum of 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” marks are required for candidates’ O’level results (s). English language, math, and three other topics pertinent to their area of study must be included. A candidate for law school, for example, needs to have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- Applicants must receive a minimum score of 180 on the JAMB UTME.
- Applicants must take the KWU post-UTME screening test, and they must do well on it (Depending on the course of study)
- Applicants must select the appropriate topic combination for their courses since Kwararafa University Wukari (KWU) will only accept results from ONE sitting.
- Ultimately, to be admitted to the institution, applicants must achieve the required cutoff scores for their respective courses.
KWU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions to be admitted directly to KWU:
- Candidates must have five (5) passes at the credit level (including the English Language) in pertinent topics from the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO, or equivalent in no more than two sittings to be admitted to the 200 level.
- Together with the aforementioned, candidates must also possess a minimum of two advanced level passes in the General Certificate of Education examination in the pertinent disciplines, an Ordinary National Diploma with credit, or a Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with credit.
- Passes two out of the three IJMB/JUPEB courses