Minia University strives to have a significant, prestigious scientific position both internally and externally. It gives the best chances for scientific researchers to do cutting-edge research that can compete worldwide and delivers a competency-based education. Additionally, it strives to improve the slums and rural parts of Egypt as well as the reclamation of desert land, and it recruits business and industry leaders to collaborate with the university to boost its competitiveness on a local, regional, and global scale.
The University is committed to achieving its mission by offering high-quality instruction that keeps up with modern demands, develops generations that are outstanding competitors in local, regional, and global labor markets, excels in scientific research and technology, and conducts research projects that help meet challenges in the Minia Governorate and Upper Egypt.
About Minia University
Minia University (also spelled Minia) was founded in Minia, in 1976 under Republican Decree No. (93), separating it from Assiut University. The campus is north of Minia. Its emblem is Nefertiti Bust. As a log for the university, the picture of Queen Nefertiti was selected from an open book. Due to the historical and ideological role that the Nefertiti bust played in the history of ancient Egypt, it is also the slogan of the Minya governorate. In the Tel Amarna region, south of the Minya Governorate, the head of Nefertiti was discovered.
A week-long sporting tournament for people with impairments was organized by the institution and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in 2018. First of its sort in Egyptian history.
Minia University has a long history and is renowned for its academic faculties and campus structures. Under Republican Decree No. (93) of 1976, it was split from Assuit University. The Higher Institute of Nursing is one of the University’s 20 faculties at the moment. These four faculties—the faculties of arts, dentistry, engineering, and veterinary medicine—are all off-campus.
The faculties of Education, Agriculture, Science, Dar Al-Uloom, Medicine, Fine Arts, Tourism & Hotels, Physical Education, Alsun, Nursing, Pharmacy, Specialized Education, Computers & Information, Arts of Education, and Law are among the other faculties of campus.
Faculty and Departments At Minia University
Faculty of Agriculture
- Food Industries
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Plant Protection
- Animal Production
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Microbiology
Faculty of Education
- Foundations of Education
- Comparative Education and Educational Management
- Curriculum and Teaching Methods
- Educational psychology
- Psychological health
Faculty of Specific Education
- Instructional Technology
- Educational Media
- Home Education
- Music Education
- Curriculums& Methods of Teaching
Faculty of Science
- Mathematics Dept
- Physics Dept
- Chemistry Dept
- Geology Dept
- Botany Dept
- Zoology Dept
- Computer Science Dept
Faculty of Arts Education
- Artistic Crafts And Heritage
- Decorative designs
- Criticism And Technical Perception
- Art Education Sciences
- Holographic Expression
- Drawing And Painting
Faculty of Fine Arts
- Sculpture Department
- Architecture Department
- Animation cartoon department
- Decoration department
- Painting Department
- Graphic department
- Reparation department
Faculty of Engineering
- Design and Production Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Department
- Chemical Engineering Department
- Medical Engineering Department
- Architectural Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Energy and Power Engineering Department
- Systems and Computers Engineering
- Automotive and Tractors Engineering Department
- Petroleum Engineering Department
- Petrochemical program
- Mechatronics Program
Faculty of Medicine
- Public Health and Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Rheumatology &Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular diseases
- General surgery
- Anatomy& Embryology
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- clinical pathology
- Chest Diseases
- Dermatology & Venereology
- special Internal medicine
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic radiology
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
Faculty of Physical Education
- Physical Administration
- Psychology Department
- Physical recreation department
- Aquatic Sports Department
- Department of training and individual sports
- Department of Curriculum and Teaching Methods
- Department of Physical Motor Sciences
- Physical Health Sciences Department
- Team sports and racket games department
Faculty of Dentistry
- Bio-dental Materials
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- Oral Pathology
- Conservative Dentistry
- Oral Biology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Radiology
- Oral Medicine & Periodontology
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Prosthetic Dentistry
Faculty Of Veterinary
- Surgery, anesthesiology, and radiology
- Animal Medicine
- Poultry and fish diseases
- Toxicology and Forensics Medicine
- Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Nutrition and Clinical Nutrition
- Animal Behavior
- Anatomy and Embryology
Faculty of Dar Al-Uloom (Islamic teachings)
- Islamic History
- Islamic Legislation
- Rhetoric & Criticism
- Islamic Philosophy
- Literary Studies
- Grammar & Syntax
- Linguistics Semtie & Eastern Studies
Faculty of Nursing
- Department of Nursing Management
- Department of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health
- Children Nursing Department
- Department of Internal and Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing Department
- nursing women’s health and obstetrics
Faculty of Tourism and Hotels
- Department of Tourism Studies
- Department of hotels management
- Department of tourism guidance
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Analytical Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Clinical Pharmacy
Faculty of Computer Science and Information
- Computer Science
- Information System
- Information Technology
Faculty of Arts
- English language
- Arabic language
- France language
- Theater Sciences
- Population Studies
- Islamic studies
- Information and Library
Frequently Asked Questions about Minia University
How many Students Does Minia University admit per year?
Answer: It is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: over 45,000 students) coeducational Egyptian higher education institution.
Is Minia University a Federal or State School?
Answer: The University is a non-profit public higher education institution.
What is the cut-off mark for Minia University?
Answer: check the school’s website.
What is Minia University Official Website?
Is Minia University a good school?
Answer: Yes. The University is ranked #111-120 in Arab Region Rankings 2023. It is ranked #948 in Best Global Universities. Minia University is regarded to be amongst the best Universities in Egypt.
Are there hostels at Minia University?
Answer: Yes. The University’s student housing is the most crucial area for providing for the needs of its international students, including their social, physical, and mental health, as well as their interests in sports and the arts. There were 18 buildings, with a total capacity of 6,000 foreign students.
When is the Admission Form coming out for Minia University?
Answer: visit the University’s website to know about this.
Who founded Minia University?
Answer: The University was founded under Republican Decree No. (93)
What are the requirements for Minia University?
Answer: visit the University’s official website.