The first private institution in the Arab Republic of Egypt is called October 6 University. The Republican Decree number 243 from 1996 established O6U. Both the Association of Arab Universities and the Association of African Universities recognize the university as a member. The university has two hotels for male and female students, University Hospital, and thirteen faculties. To promote and spread the quality culture, it has also developed a center for quality assurance and accreditation with units in every faculty.
About the October 6 University
Private institution October 6 University (O6U) is situated in Giza, Egypt’s 6th of October City. It was created in 1996 by Republican Decree No. 243. O6U is located in the 6th of October City, 32 kilometers outside of the heart of Cairo. The teaching hospital, the female student hostel, and four educational buildings make up the site. The central library and the male student dormitories are 150 meters away.
The Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities accredits and validates every degree that is granted.
Both the Association of Arab Universities and the Association of African Universities recognize O6U as a member since 1997. A contract for academic collaboration between many government universities and October 6 University was signed (O6U). On June 4, 2011, the supreme council of public and private universities approved the agreement, allowing O6U to work with Theses Universities to offer postgraduate programs that will result in degrees being awarded by those institutions.
One of Egypt’s largest and best-stocked university libraries is the Six October University Library (SOUL). 150 meters away from the university campus, SOUL is an integrated, all-encompassing cultural complex that is intended to fulfill the educational and research needs of the university community and beyond. Libraries, academic computing services, and centers for learning and teaching make up SOUL learning technology.
Databases, e-books, and publications are accessible both online and offline with SOUL. It contains tens of thousands of books, microfilms, digital files, multimedia content, and serial titles.
Faculty and Departments At October 6 University
Faculty of Medicine
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of ENT
- Department of Forensic Medicine & Clinical Toxicology
- Department of Histology
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- orthopedic surgery
- Department of OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Department of Parasitology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Chest
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Surgery
Faculty of Dentistry
- Department Of Histopathology
- Department Of Conservative Dentistry
- Department Of Removable Prosthodontics
- Department Of Oral Medicine, Diagnosis and Radiology
- Department Of Oral Surgery and Anesthesiology
- Department of Pedodontics and Orthodontics
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutics
- Department of Pharmacognosy
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biochemistry Chemistry
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences Technology
- The technology of the Medical Laboratory Program
- The technology of the Radiology And Medical Imaging program
- The technology of the Bio-Medical Equipment Program
- The technology of nutrition and food safety Program
- Biotechnology Program
Faculty Of Nursing
- Nursing Administration
- Community Health
- Critical care
- Medical Surgical
Faculty of Engineering
- Department Basic Science
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Architectural Engineering
- Department of Building and Constructing Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering (Section: Electronics and Communication)
- Department of Electrical Engineering (Section: Power Engineering )
Faculty of Information Systems and Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Information System
- Artificial Intelligence
- Networking Technologies
Faculty Applied Arts
- Department of Basic Science
- Department of Design & Furniture
- Department of Advertising
- Department of Photography & Cinema & Television
- Product Design
Faculty of Media & Mass Communication
- Radio and Tv Broadcasting
- Public Relations and Advertising
Faculty of Economics & Management
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Management
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
Faculty of Languages & Translation
- Department of English Language
- Department of French Language
- Department of German Language
- Department of Spanish Language
- Department of Chinese Language
Faculty of Education
- Kindergarten Dept.
- Arabic Language Dept.
- English department
- Psychology Department
- German language department
- Curriculum Department
- Education Department
Faculty of Tourism & Hotels
- Hotel Management
- Tourism Studies
- Tourism Guidance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about October 6 University
How many Students Does O6U admit per year?
The university admitted about 24,000 in the 2019 academic session.
Is October 6 University a Federal or State School?
It is a private university.
What is October 6 University Official Website?
What is the cut-off mark for O6U?
Visit the school’s website.
Is October 6 University a good school?
Yes. It is one of the top private universities in the 6th of October City, Egypt. It is ranked #171-200 in Arab Region Rankings 2023. The university ranked 41st in Egypt and 9463rd in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels at O6U?
Yes. The university hostel is conducive enough for students.
When is the Admission Form coming out for O6U?
Check the school’s website to find out.
Who founded October 6 University?
The university was founded by the Republican Decree no. 243 in 1996.
What are the requirements for O6U?
The authentic high school diploma or a transcript that has been approved by the student’s educational institution or the General Administration of Exams. a copy of the birth certificate. a copy of the passport or identification card.