Amref International University was established on the expertise and knowledge of Amref Health Africa, which has a reputation for providing training, education, and innovative public and community health interventions for more than 60 years.
For more than 40 years, AMIU’s predecessor, Amref International Training Centre (AITC), has fostered leaders and impacted the future of public health practice in Africa. With a wide range of programs, the institution is a leader in health sciences education.
The institution is committed to gradually developing innovative programs that address the current and future requirements of African communities, with a primary concentration on health sciences.
About Amref International University
Nairobi, Kenya is where Amref International University is situated. Amref Health Africa manages it. The University is a recognized higher education institution with an emphasis on the health sciences.
It is based on the knowledge and wisdom of Amref Health Africa, an organization renowned for its quality and innovative community health, health systems management, and development initiatives over 60 years.
Over 40 years, its predecessor, the Amref International Training Centre (AITC), influenced training in public and community health and cultivated health leaders and practitioners across Africa.
The goal of AMIU is to become a preeminent health sciences university that excels in producing practitioners and leaders that inspire long-lasting health change in Africa.
Faculty and Departments At Amref International University
School of Medical Sciences
- Department of Nursing and Midwifery Sciences
- Department of Physiotherapy
School of Public Public Health
- Department of Community Health
- Department of Health System Management and Development
FAQS about Amref International University
Q. How many Students Does Amref International University admit per year?
A. This is at the discretion of the university.
Q. Is Amref International University a Federal or State School?
A. It is a private university.
Q. What is the cut-off point for Amref International University?
A. Visit the school’s website to find out.
Q. What is Amref International University Official Website?
Q. Is Amref International University a good school?
A. Yes. The University is one of the leading institutions in health and social sciences throughout Africa. It is ranked 39th in Kenya and 10754th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Q. Are there hostels at Amref International University?
A. Yes, to guarantee that students have a good place to stay, the university has approved several independently owned hostels outside of its boundaries.
Q. When is the admission form coming out for Amref International University?
A. Refer to the school’s website to find out.
Q. Who founded Amref International University?
A. The University is an accredited institution of higher learning focused on health sciences and is fully owned by Amref Health Africa.
Q. What are the requirements for Amref International University?
A. Entry Requirements
- KCSE (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education) with a Mean Grade of C+ or above, OR
- an accredited and recognized tertiary institution diploma with at least one credit, OR
- KCSE Mean Grade C (plain) or an equivalent grade combined with a Post-Secondary Certificate and Diploma from an accredited institution, OR
- The Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE), East African Certificate of Education (EACE), “Ordinary Level” Division II, or a comparable document, with a Post-Secondary Certificate and a Diploma from an accredited institution, OR
- The Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) “Advanced Level” with two Principal passes and an additional, OR
- A prerequisite for entering a university is the completion of the pre-university course.