The Arthur Jarvis University is blessed with sufficient infrastructural amenities, including luxurious dorm rooms and staff quarters, comfortable full-media lecture rooms, well-equipped laboratories, sports and recreation amenities, cafeterias, medical centers, multipurpose halls, standard libraries, adequate campus security, tastefully furnished offices, cutting-edge ICT facilities, and other fundamental necessities.
About Arthur Jarvis University
The private institution Arthur Jarvis University (AJU) is located in Nigeria’s Cross River State in Akpabuyo, Calabar. Sir Arthur Jarvis Archibong (KSJI) formed it to fulfill his aim of enhancing the provision of educational services in Nigeria and Cross River State.
The Federal Government of Nigeria gave the University a license to operate as a tertiary institution in November 2016. On March 6, 2017, the University began its academic operations with fifteen-degree programs across two faculties (the Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences; and the Faculty of Humanities, Management, and Social Sciences).
The overarching objective of Arthur Jarvis University (AJU) is to establish a distinctive tertiary school where a new generation of Nigerians would receive the critically important education in science and technology that will prepare them to lead their nation toward sustainable development. Creating and utilizing a strategic plan would certainly be necessary before achieving this objective.
At the Cross River State locale of Ikot Efanga, Akpabuyo Local Government Area, the single-campus university is perched atop a hill and bordered by a stream. The complex takes up a little bit more than 990 hectares of land (approx. 99.17 ha). A nearly pristine riparian woodland and vast oil palm estates surround the area in an evergreen forest.
Faculty and Departments at Arthur Jarvis University
Faculty Of Natural And Applied Sciences
Department Of Biological Sciences
- Plant Science & Biotechnology
Department Of Chemical Sciences
Department Of Earth Sciences
- Applied Geophysics
Department Of Mathematics And Computer Sciences
- Computer Science
Department Of Physics
Faculty Of Humanities Management And Social Sciences
Department Of Accounting And Banking & Finance
- Banking & Finance
Department Of Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneurial Studies
Department Of Criminology & Security Studies
- Criminology & Security Studies
Department Of Marketing
Department Of Economics
Department Of Mass Communication And Digital Media
- Mass Communication
Department Of Political Science
- Public Administration
- Political Science
Department Of Hospitality And Tourism Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
Department Of Sociology/Social Work
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
Department Of Languages & Linguistics
Faculty Of Basic Medical Sciences
Department Of Human Anatomy
Department Of Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy
Department Of Public Health
- Public Health
Department Of Nursing Science
- Nursing Science
Department Of Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
Department Of Optometry
Faculty Of Law
Department Of Law
Faculty Of Education
Department Of Arts And Social Science Education
- Education/Political Science
Department Of Educational Foundations
- Early Childhood Care Education
- Educational Management
- Educational Technology
- Guidance and Counselling
- Primary Education
Department Of Science Education
- Education/Computer Science
Department Of Vocational And Technical Education
- Business Education
Frequently Asked Questions about Arthur Jarvis University
How many Students Does Arthur Jarvis University admit per year?
Answer: The University matriculates 278 new students for the academic session 2022/2023.
Is AJU a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a private university.
What is the Jamb cut-off mark for Arthur Jarvis University?
Answer: The university’s Jamb cut-off mark is a minimum of 180.
What is AJU’s Official Website?
Is Arthur Jarvis University a good school?
Answer: Yes. The university ranked 137th in Nigeria and 12741st in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels in AJU?
Answer: Yes. Arthur Jarvis University benefits from having enough physical infrastructure, including luxurious dorm rooms and staff quarters, comfortable lecture halls with full multimedia capabilities, well-equipped laboratories, sports and recreation facilities, cafeterias, medical centers, multipurpose rooms, standard libraries, and enough campus space.
When is the Post UTME form coming out for Arthur Jarvis University?
Answer: Yes. The University Post UTME Form 2023 is out now.
Is Arthur Jarvis University Under ASUU?
Who founded Arthur Jarvis University?
Answer: The university was established by Sir Arthur Jarvis Archibong (KSJI).
What are the requirements for AJU?
Answer: ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AJU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
The UTME entry and the Direct Entry are the two main entry methods used by AJU to admit students into undergraduate programs.
AJU admission requirements through UTME
Candidates for Arthur Jarvis University’s UTME program in 2023 must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- A minimum of 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” marks are required for candidates’ O’level results (s). English language, math, and three other topics pertinent to their area of study must be included. A candidate for law school, for example, needs to have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- Applicants must receive a minimum score of 140 on the JAMB UTME.
- Applicants must take the AJU post-UTME screening test, and they must do very well on it (Depending on the course of study)
- Applicants must select the appropriate topic combination for their courses because only one sitting of results will be approved for admission to AJU.
- Last but not least, applicants must achieve the required cutoff scores for their courses to be admitted to the university.
AJU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions to be admitted directly into the university:
- The minimum number of credits a candidate must have in their O-level score is five (5). Mathematics and English are both required in this. Two sitting results are not permitted, nevertheless.
- Applicants must also be at least 16 years old.
- To apply, candidates must obtain a JAMB Straight entrance form from JAMB.
- Any of the following certificates should be held by candidates: the OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.