The Crescent University will establish a special component for delivering higher education that is fused with entire quality assurance in ways that will encourage social values and help people develop their self-control and morality. The university aims to provide its programs in a way that respects students’ integrity and self-discipline while advancing social values.
About Crescent University
Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria is where Crescent University is situated. It is a private institution of higher learning that Judge Bola Ajibola founded under the auspices of the Islamic Mission for Africa. Bola Ajibola College of Law, College of Environmental Sciences, College of Information and Communication Technology, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, College of Arts, Social and Management Sciences, and College of Health Sciences are some of its colleges.
The creation of Crescent University, Abeokuta was recommended by the Educational Board of the Islamic Mission for Africa (IMA) in 2002. The university’s creation was approved in 2005 by the National Universities Commission. The University’s academic calendar year began in December 2005.
Faculty and Departments at Crescent University
Faculty Of Law
- Department of Commercial and Property Law
- Department of Jurisprudence and International Law
College Of Environmental Studies
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Environmental and Water Resources Management
College Of Information And Communication Technology
Department of Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science / Economics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science / Statistics
Department of Information and Communication Technology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Information Technology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Telecommunication Management
College Of Natural And Applied Sciences
Department of Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
- B.Sc. (Hons) Aquaculture and Fisheries
- B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
Department of Chemical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
Department of Mathematical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Statistics
Department of Physical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Physics
College Of Social And Management Sciences
Department of Accounting
- B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting
Department of Business and Finance
- B.Sc. (Hons) Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. (Hons) Business Administration
- B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Relations & Personnel management
Department of Economics and Actuarial Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Economics
- B.Sc.(Hons) Actuarial Science
Department of Political Science and International Relations
- B.Sc. (Hons) Political Science and International Relations
Department of Mass Communication and Social Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mass Communication
- B.Sc. (Hons) B.Sc. Sociology
Department of General and Islamic Studies
Frequently Asked Questions about Crescent University
How many Students Does Crescent University admit per year?
Answer: The university has over 4,000 students.
Is Crescent University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is one of the private universities in Nigeria.
What is the Jamb cut-off mark for Crescent University?
Answer: The university JAMB cut-off mark for all courses for the 2023/2024 academic session is 160.
What is Crescent University Official Website?
Is Crescent University a good school?
Answer: Yes. The university ranked 75th in Nigeria and 7790th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels at Crescent University?
Answer: Yes. However, hostel accommodation in the university is not compulsory but, it is advised that fresh students especially stay within the school.
When is the Post UTME form coming out for Crescent University (CUAB)?
Answer: CUAB Post UTME form for 2023/2024 Academic Session is on sale.
Is Crescent University Under ASUU?
Who founded Crescent University?
Answer: The university was established by Judge Bola Ajibola under the banner of the Islamic Mission for Africa.
What are the requirements for Crescent University?
Answer: CUAB Admission Eligibility / Requirements
- Those who are interested must fill up the UTME form for that year and receive a minimum score of 160.
- Credits in at least five topics, including English language and mathematics as well as any additional three subjects that may be required by each department, at the SSCE, GCE, NECO, or other authorized equivalent.
- The five credits must be completed in no more than two sessions and during the last five years.
- Applicants with pending results are welcome.
- All applicants must pass Crescent University’s screening process to be considered for admission; otherwise, they will not be.
- Prospective applicants who have applied for admission to Crescent University through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) must:
- Use JAMB to request a change of institution.
- Get the application form for CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA.
- Take part in the screening process.
- Before they may participate in the screening process, all applicants must get JAMB forms and an application from Crescent University.
- Candidates who have chosen Crescent University and earned a passing score on the University Matriculation Examination will be offered admission through JAMB (UME). Such applicants will also need to complete the University’s application form and complete the oral interview that will be performed as a requirement for admission.
Direct Entry Candidates:
- NCE, OND, and their approved equivalents in the relevant field and at least the Upper Credit level in addition to O/L requirements specified above.
- Together with the aforementioned O/L criteria, you also need two Advanced Level passes, or its equivalent, in pertinent courses.
- In exceptional circumstances, holders of ONDs with lower credit from recognized institutions may be admitted to the 200 level (part II) in relevant degree programs, provided they meet the minimum requirements stipulated for entry into the 100 level. The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) at acceptable grade levels.
- If an HND from an accredited university with less credit meets the minimal standards for entry into the 100 level, they may be admitted to the applicable degree program’s 200 level.
- Complete the university interview.