The goal of Federal University Wukari is to dominate among top-tier public universities by providing students with excellent ICT-focused education that advances knowledge.
About Federal University Wukari
The Federal University Wukari was one of the nine schools founded at the time by the federal government of Nigeria, which was headed by then-President Goodluck Jonathan. Wukari is the name of the town where the Federal University, Wukari is situated in Taraba State, Nigeria.
The Federal Ministry of Education decided to put into practice the existing government policy of equitable educational development in Nigeria by establishing federal tertiary institutions in every State of the Federation, where they do not already exist, to address the crucial issue of qualitative access to tertiary education. To address the twin challenges of access and equitable educational development of States in the Federation, a memorandum requesting the establishment of 44 additional tertiary institutions nationwide was presented to the Federal Executive Council by the Minister of State for Education at its 39th Meeting on Wednesday, 10th November 2010.
Nonetheless, Council wisely allowed the creation of twelve new institutions based on equity and access. Under this initiative’s Phase I, nine universities were given the go-ahead. Following the aforementioned approval, the Honourable Minister of State for Education, Olorogun Kenneth O. Gbagi, established a 12-member Committee, headed by Prof. Julius A. Okojie, Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, to develop the modalities for the location and launch of these universities, among other tasks.
On Monday, November 15, 2010, the Technical Committee’s report was delivered to the Honorable Minister, meeting the time set by the Minister for the submission of the report. The Honourable Minister of Education, along with the Director (Tertiary Education) Federal Ministry of Education and the Executive Secretary of NUC and ETF, visited the identified States in preparation for the start-up of the nine institutions drawn from all geopolitical zones. Permanent and take-off locations were founded with the help of the State Governments. Thereafter, the Federal Executive Council gave its approval to these. Also, the council approved allocating N1.5 billion from the Education Trust Fund to each university (ETF).
One of the nine universities authorized for launch under Phase I of that project was the Federal University Wukari in Taraba State. On February 7, 2011, Vice-Chancellors and Registrars were appointed by His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, in his capacity as a Visitor to the nine newly founded federal universities. On February 9, 2011, the nominees were sworn in by the honorable minister of education in the conference room of the Federal Ministry of Education’s Abuja headquarters.
Faculty and Departments In Federal University Wukari
Faculty of Agriculture & Life Science
- Department of Animal Production and Health
- Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Department of Forestry and Wild Life
- Department of Food Science & Technology
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Crop Production
- Department of Hospitality & Hotel Management
Faculty of Humanities, Management & Social Science
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Department of English & Literary Studies
- Department of History & Diplomatic Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Sociology
Faculty of Pure & Applied Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pure & Applied Physics
FAQS about Federal University Wukari
Q. How many Students Does Federal University Wukari admit per year?
A. This is at the discretion of the university.
Q. Is FUWUKARI a Federal or State School?
A. It is a federal university.
Q. What is the Jamb cut-off mark for FUWUKARI?
A. The Federal University, Wukari’s management has announced that the general cut-off point for the admissions process for the 2023/2024 academic session is 160.
Q. What is Federal University Wukari Official Website?
Q. Is FUWUKARI a good school?
A. Yes. The university has been ranked the 87th best University in Nigeria by webometrics as of January 2020. It is ranked 116th in Nigeria and 11718th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Q. Are there hostels in FUWUKARI?
A. Yes. For the academic year 2023–2024, both new and returning students may stay in the hostel. The cost of staying in the hostel ranges from 24,000 to 35,000 Naira per student. The application process for hostels is listed below the table for interested students.
Q. When is the Post UTME form coming out for Federal University Wukari?
A. The Federal University Wukari’s (FUWUKARI) post-UTME and direct entrance screening application forms for admission to the various degree programs it offers for the academic year 2023–2024 are currently available for purchase.
Q. Is Federal University Wukari Under ASUU?
A. Yes! The university is under the Academic Staff Union of Universities.
Q. Who founded Federal University Wukari?
A. FUWUKARI was established by the federal government of Nigeria led by the then President, Goodluck Jonathan. The university was established as one of the nine schools established at the time.
Q. What are the requirements for FUWUKARI?
A. Prerequisites for General Admission
Admission into an undergraduate program at FUW can be obtained primarily through one of two entry methods, UTME or Direct Entry.
FUW admission requirements through UTME
Candidates for UTME admission to the Federal University, Wukari in 2023 must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be at least 16 years old to apply.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” on their O’level results (s). There must be the English language, math, and three more subjects related to their field of study. For instance, an applicant to law school must receive a “C” or better in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- Applicants must receive a minimum score of 160 on the JAMB UTME.
- Applicants must take the FUW post-UTME screening test, and they must do well on it (Depending on the course of study).
- Applicants must select the appropriate topic combination for their courses because the Federal University, of Wukari (FUW), will only accept results from ONE sitting.
- Last but not least, applicants must achieve the required cutoff scores for their courses to be admitted to the university.
FUW admission requirements through Direct Entry
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions to be admitted directly into the Federal University, Wukari (FUW):
- An applicant’s O-level score must have five credits minimum to be considered (5). This calls for both proficiency in English and mathematics. Results from two sittings are nevertheless not allowed.
- The minimum age requirement for applicants is 16.
- To apply, candidates must obtain a JAMB Straight entrance form from JAMB.
- The following certificates are required for candidates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.