The mission of Federal University, Otuoke (FUO) is to establish and uphold a reputation as a top-tier institution that pushes each of its students to reach the highest levels of intellectual and personal development, advance sustainable development, and provide meaningful and moral service to the community, the state, and humanity.
About Federal University Otuoke
At Otuoke, a town in the Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa State, Southern Nigeria, the Federal University Otuoke is a university that is controlled by the federal government. The institution is one of the nine new Federal Universities that the Federal Government of Nigeria founded in February 2011 while Dr. Goodluck Jonathan was president.
The Niger Delta Area of Bayelsa State, which is wealthy in oil, is where Federal University Otuoke is located. When the institution first opened its doors in 2011, there were 282 pioneering students. The institution offers degree programs at the undergraduate level and includes six (6) faculties. The faculties of science, management science, social science, humanities, education, engineering, and technology all offer undergraduate courses. A partner of sustainable public procurement is the university. A partner of sustainable public procurement is the university.
Academic programs at FUO got underway in 2012 with the establishment of two faculties: science and humanities and social sciences. In 2012, the first matriculation was held for the eleven (11) programs listed below: English and Communication Studies, History and International Relations, Accounting and Finance, Economics and Development Studies, Sociology and Strategic Studies (all in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences); Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Mathematics with Statistics, Computer Science and Informatics, and Physics with Electronics/Power (in the Faculty of Science).
FUOTUOKE dismissed 12 students for cult involvement and exam fraud on Thursday, March 28, 2019. Five of the pupils were 200 level at the time of expulsion, while the remaining seven were 300 level. Also, 29 students were dismissed on December 6 for allegedly participating in cultism and cheating on exams. Eight years later, on Saturday, September 21, 2019, Federal University Otuoke conducted its first convocation with a combination of three classes of graduates (2012, 2013, and 2014).
Faculty and Departments In Federal University Otuoke
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Chemistry Education
- Department of History Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Physics Education
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science and Informatics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Mathematics
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Department of Economics and Development Studies
- Department of Political Science
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Petroleum and Gas Engineering
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Department of English and Communication Studies
- Department of History and International Studies
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Entrepreneurship and Marketing
A Postgraduate School has also been established with fully accredited programs. The Federal University Otuoke Postgraduate School offers courses leading to the award of postgraduate diplomas, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees in programs in the Humanities, Management Sciences, Science, and Social Sciences.
FAQS about Federal University Otuoke
Q. How many Students Does Federal University Otuoke admit per year?
A. 2,602 students matriculated in the university for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Q. Is Federal University Otuoke a Federal or State School?
A. It is a federal university.
Q. What is the Jamb cut-off mark for FUOTUOKE?
A. A student must receive a score of at least 140 on the recently completed JAMB test to register for the Federal University of Otuoke’s Post-UTME. This is because the FUOTUOKE Jamb cut-off mark for the 2023–2024 academic session is 140.
Q. What is Federal University Otuoke Official Website?
Q. Is FUOTUOKE a good school?
A. The university is ranked 71st in Nigeria and 7490th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Q. Are there hostels in FUOTUOKE?
A. Yes. The hostel is conducive enough.
Q. When is the Post UTME form coming out for Federal University Otuoke?
A. The 2023/2024 Academic Year Post-UTME Screening Exercise for Admission into ALL COURSES/PROGRAMS at Federal University Otuoke, FUOTUOKE, has begun. There won’t be any Post-UTME tests. Rather, all candidates who have properly submitted their Post UTME application will be screened based on the weighting/evaluation of their UTME and O’level results.
Q. Is Federal University Otuoke Under ASUU?
Q. Who founded Federal University Otuoke?
A. The university was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the administration of president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
Q. What are the requirements for FUOTUOKE?
A. Prerequisites for General Admission
The UTME entry and the Direct Entry are the two main entry methods in Futuoke for receiving admission into an undergraduate program.
FUTUOKE Admission Requirements through UTME
Candidates for the UTME in 2023 who wish to enroll at the university must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants must receive a minimum of 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” in their O’level exam (s). This needs to cover three additional subjects pertinent to their course of study in addition to English and math. For example, a candidate who wishes to pursue a career in law must earn a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- In the JAMB UTME exam, candidates must receive a minimum score of 160.
- Applicants must take the FUOTUOKE post-UTME screening test, and they must do well on it (Depending on the course of study).
- For admission to the Federal University, Otuoke, only ONE sitting of results is acceptable (FUOTUOKE).
- Applicants must select the appropriate subject mix for their courses.
- Ultimately, to be admitted to the institution, applicants must achieve the required cutoff scores for their respective courses.
FUOTUOKE Admission Requirements through Direct Entry
Applicants must fulfill the following prerequisites to be admitted directly to the Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE):
- The minimum number of credits a candidate must have in their O-level score is five (5). Mathematics and English are both required in this. Two sitting results are not permitted, nevertheless.
- Applicants must also be at least 16 years old.
- To apply, candidates must obtain a JAMB Straight entrance form from JAMB.
- The following certificates are required for candidates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.