The goal of Garden City University College is to create a center of excellence for teaching, learning, and research that combines business, information technology, education, the social sciences, and health sciences to produce leaders in Ghana and around the world in the industrial and other socioeconomic sectors.
About Garden City University College
The Garden City University College is one of the private universities in Ghana. It is situated in Kumasi, in the Ashanti Region. As the College of Information Technology and Management Systems, it was founded in 2001.
The Board of Directors decided to turn the College into a University College in January 2004. This was done to extend the College’s focus and make use of the numerous resources and facilities that had been gathered. In July 2005, the National Accreditation Board granted it formal accreditation to offer degree and diploma programs under the name Garden City University College, Kenyase-Kumasi.
Faculty and Departments In Garden City University College
GCUC Business School
- BSc Accounting with Computing
- BSc Economics and Statistics
- BSc Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration:
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- BBA in Marketing
- BBA in Accounting
- BBA in Management
- BBA in Banking and Finance
Faculty of Applied Sciences
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc. Information Technology
- BSc. Mathematics And Statistics
- BSc. Environmental Science
- Diploma in Computer Science (Network Management and Security)
Faculty of Health Sciences
- BSc Nursing
- BSc. Midwifery
- BSc Physician Assistantship Studies
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc. Dental Therapy
- Diploma Nursing
Department of Diploma Studies
- Banking Technology and Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
- Business Administration
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Librarianship Studies
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences – degree programs in chemistry, physics, and biological systems
- Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering for courses in electrical, computer, systems, and software engineering
Frequently Asked Questions about Garden City University College
How many Students Does Garden City University College admit per year?
The university admitted 1996 fresh students for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Is GCUC a Federal or State School?
It is one of the private universities in Ghana.
What is the cut-off mark for GCUC?
The University presently uses the standard cut-off point of SSSCE aggregate of 36 or better; WASSCE aggregate of 24 or better; the ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels as well as the GBCE/ABCE qualifications to admit the qualified applicant.
What is Garden City University College Official Website?
Is GCUC a good school?
Yes! The university ranked 29th in Ghana and 8309th in the World in 2023 overall. GCUC in the Ashanti Region has been ranked the best private university in the country.
Are there hostels at Garden City University College?
Yes. GCUC Hostels provide a safe and comfortable environment to its students. Students will need to pay Rs. 1,35,000 per year for single housing at the Garden City University campus dormitory.
When is the Admission Form coming out for GCUC?
The GCUC application form for the academic years 2023–2024 is currently accessible online at www.gcuc.edu.gh, and registration for the university application form will start in May 2023. Between June 30 and July 31, 2023, is when registration for university admission is set to close.
Who founded Garden City University College?
GCUC was established by Albert Acquah, a skilled entrepreneur.
What are the requirements for GCUC?
GCUC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2023/2024
The 2023–2024 Garden City University College Entrance Criteria are shown below. Before applying, applicants must carefully read the instructions.
General Entry Requirements
Senior High School graduates must have the following qualifications to be accepted into any program:
- At least credits (A1-C6 in WASSCE and A-D in SSSCE) in English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science (for applicants who want to pursue a career in science), or Social Studies (for applicants who don’t want to pursue a career in science), and three elective general arts, business, science, or vocational subjects with a total aggregate of not more than 30. Moreover, students in the sciences must have at least a grade of C6 in Integrated Science or Core Science on their WASSCE or D on their SSSCE in Social Studies or Living Skills. Applicants in other fields must also have at least a grade of C6 in these subjects.
WASSCE /SSSCE /TVET Qualification Applicants
The following criteria must be met to be admitted to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) program:
- WASSCE Holders: Credits (A1-C6) in five (5) topics, including two (2) elective subjects that are pertinent to the program of choice and three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics.
- SSSCE Holders: Credits (A-D) in five (5) topics, including two (2) elective subjects that are pertinent to the program of choice and three (3) core subjects, including English language and core mathematics.
- TVET HOLDERS: Candidates must have credits in five (5) topics, including two (2) elective subjects that are pertinent to their chosen program and three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
You may also apply if you are a candidate awaiting the MAY/JUNE 2023 WASSCE Results.