The goal of Kabarak University is to establish itself as a hub of academic excellence built on Christian values that are drawn from the Bible.
About Kabarak University
One of Kenya’s top private chartered universities, Kabarak University offers comprehensive Christian-based education, training, research, and outreach initiatives for the benefit of God and humanity.
H.E. the Late Hon. Daniel T. Arap Moi, Kenya’s second president and the school’s first chancellor, founded Kabarak University in 2000. His vision to create a Christian institution that would meet Kenya’s demand for higher education and provide high-quality instruction based on solid moral foundations led to the establishment of the university. Henry Kiplagat, a professor, is the vice-chancellor. In September 2002, the institution welcomed its first group of new students.
The organization is constructing a referral hospital that will house a health sciences school and function as a referral hospital.
A letter of interim authorization issued by the Kenyan government allowed the university to operate. The Commission for Higher Education of Kenya issued the university with the document authorizing the institution to grant degrees on October 16, 2001. H.E. Mwai Kibaki granted the institution its charter on May 16, 2008.
Along the Nakuru-Eldama Ravine route, 20 kilometers (12 miles) from Nakuru City is where you’ll find Kabarak University’s main campus. The body that represents student interests is the student government, often known as the Kabarak University Student Organization (KUSO).
Faculty and Departments At Kabarak University
School of Business & Economics
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Economics
- Department of Hospitality and Procurement
School of Education, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Theology and Biblical Studies
- Education (Arts)
- Education (Science)
School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Department of Family Medicine
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
School of Law
- Department of Commercial Law
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Private Law
School of Music & Media
- Department of Music
- Department of Mass Communication
School of Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacology & Pharmacognosy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Pharmaceutics
- Department of Pre-Clinical (Pharmacy)
School of Science, Engineering & Technology
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Department of Mathematics and Actuarial Science
- Department of Biological & Physical Sciences
Frequently Asked Questions about Kabarak University
How many Students Does Kabarak University admit per year?
Answer: The University is among the institutions that don’t provide data on acceptance rates.
Is Kabarak University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a private Chartered institution.
What is the cut-off point for Kabarak University?
Answer: The minimum entry qualification is C+ (plus) at KCSE and must meet specific program requirements.
What is Kabarak University Official Website?
Is Kabarak University a good school?
Answer: Yes. The University ranked 38th in Kenya and 10687th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels at Kabarak University?
Answer: Yes. The University Hostel capacity stands at 2,400 beds which are Two-sharing and 4 sharing. All of which has a fixed bed and breakfast package.
When is the Admission Form coming out for Kabarak University?
Answer: The online Application Form for the 2023/2024 Academic year has been released.
Who founded Kabarak University?
Answer: The University was founded by the 2nd president of Kenya, H.E. the Late Hon. Daniel T. Arap Moi, who was also the founding chancellor.
What are the requirements for Kabarak University?
Answer: Entry requirements for a Diploma Programme
The minimum requirement is C plain at KCSE and specific program qualifications. Those with A-level qualifications must possess at least 1 principal pass and 2 subsidiaries in relevant subjects or a Kabarak University certificate in a relevant field.
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Courses
- The minimum entry qualification is C+(plus) at KCSE and must meet specific program requirements.
- Those with A-level qualifications must possess at least 2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects
Entry Requirements for a Postgraduate Degree Programme
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited University in a subject or subjects relevant to the course applied for.
Duration of Programme: 1 Academic Year
Entry Requirements for a Masters’s Degree Programme
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least an Upper Second class honors; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with Lower Second Class Honors and two years of work experience in a related field.
Entry Requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy Programme
• Master’s Degree from a recognized University in areas of specialization relevant to the program.