Egypt Schools

Misr International University

Misr International University provides a distinctive educational experience that combines elements of the Egyptian and Western educational systems. This allows the university to continually improve by creating new courses and utilizing cutting-edge teaching techniques.

The goal of Misr International University over the following two years is to broaden the institution’s scope by launching a postgraduate program. MIU also intends to add additional areas of concentration to its various faculties. Students at MIU acquire specialized skills that enable them to enter the workforce of today with confidence and competence.

About Misr International University

Misr International University (MIU) is a private research university in Obour, Greater Cairo, Egypt. The university provides a singular educational experience where the Egyptian and Western educational systems are combined, allowing the university to continuously improve by creating new courses and utilizing the most recent educational approaches.

One of the top private colleges in Egypt, MIU is committed to fostering its students’ academic, professional, and creative growth.

Hosni Mubarak, the former president of Egypt, established Misr International University in 1996 following presidential decree no. 246 to create an academic institution that would honestly and immediately confront the practical problems of the twenty-first century. Since March 1997, the university has belonged to the Arab Universities Association.

According to Presidential Decree No. 246 of 1996, Misr International University in Cairo (MIU) was founded to create an academic institution that will honestly and immediately confront the practical problems of the twenty-first century.

Faculty and Departments At Misr International University

Faculty of Al-Alsun

  • Department of Al-Alsun

Faculty of Business Administration and International Trade

  • Accounting
  • Economics and International Trade
  • Finance
  • Management
  • Management Information System (MIS). “Not offered”
  • Marketing

Faculty of Computer Science

  • Computer Science (CS)
  • Information System (IS)
  • Software Engineering (SE)

Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine

  • Dental Medicine and Surgery

Faculty of Pharmacy

  • Pharmacy

Faculty of Mass Communication

  • Integrated Marketing Communication
  • Print and Electronic Journalism
  • Radio and Television

Faculty of Engineering Sciences & Arts

  • Department of Architecture

Faculty of Engineering Sciences & Arts


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Misr International University

How many Students Does Misr International University admit per year?

This is at the discretion of the university. However, the university is a medium-sized (uniRank enrollment range: 7,000-7,999 students) coeducational Egyptian higher education institution.

Is Misr International University a Federal or State School? 

It is a private higher education institution.

What is Misr International University Official Website?

What is the cut-off mark for Misr International University?

Check the university’s website.

Is Misr International University a good school?

Yes. It is one of the top universities in Cairo, Egypt. The university ranked 24th in Egypt and 5079th in the World 2023 overall rankings, while getting 890th place for Dentistry.

Are there hostels at Misr International University?


When is the Admission Form coming out for Misr International University?

Visit the school’s website.

Who founded Misr International University?

The university was established by the former President of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak following presidential decree no. 246.

What are the requirements for Misr International University?

General Requirements (for all Certificates)

  • A birth certificate, or an authenticated original. If the birth certificate for a non-Egyptian person was not already stamped by their country, it must be stamped by their Embassy and then the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Copy of National ID six passport-size pictures
  • “Namozag 2-3 Gond” military service form (Egyptian males only)
  • a copy of their passport, as well as an “Approval Letter” for enrolling in the university, both issued by the embassy to which they are connected (for foreigners only)

Egyptian and Arab Thanaweya Amma Required Documents

  • The formal secondary school certificate.
  • Arab diplomas must bear the stamps of the Egyptian Embassy, the country’s Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Foreign Certificates

Evidence of 12 years of schooling which can be either:

  • 3rd Preparatory (Idadia) with a letter of registration from the school stamped for the next three years by both the school and the Educational Zone
  • Sixth Primary (Ibtedaaya) with a letter of enrollment from the school, each of the six years after that bearing the school’s and the Educational Zone’s stamps.
  • enrollment letter for 12 years of education, stamped by the educational zone and the school if the 12 years are spent in the international system.
    • If you have completed an academic year(s) under Egypt’s national system, you should present an official certificate from the Educational Zone rather than an enrollment letter.

Evidence of schooling from Arab countries must be stamped by the school, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of this country, and the Egyptian Embassy in the foreign country.

  • Holders of foreign certificates from Egypt are required to produce documentation of passing the Th. Amma exams, as stamped by the General Department of Exams (Arabic, Religion, and National subjects).

IGCSE Required Documents

  • Slips for the IGCSE that have the British Council, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and General Directorate of Examinations stamps on them.
  • IGCSE holders from countries other than Egypt who received a C in their O Levels must obtain a letter from the British Council certifying that these courses are elective rather than core.
  • Passport holders from outside Egypt must get their slips stamped by the Egyptian Embassy, the British Council, and the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

American Diploma Required Documents

  • a certified transcript with grades 10, 11, and 12 on it, stamped by the school, the General Department of Exams in Egypt, and NCA-CASI or NAAS.
  • Separate transcripts are needed for each grade if Grades 10, 11, and 12 are from different schools.
  • The NCA-CASI or NAAS, the institution, and the General Directorate of Exams in Egypt must all stamp the diploma.
  • a copy of the Ministry of Education’s Private Education division’s accreditation of the institution
  • The AMIDEAST and the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs have officially stamped SAT-1 documents.
  • While determining the student’s final percentage mark, the SAT-II is regarded as a bonus; nevertheless, if it is to be taken into account, an official SAT-II that has been stamped by AMIDEAST and the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is necessary.
  • The minimum SAT-1 and SAT-II scores will be made public as soon as they are received by the Ministry of Higher Education
  • Holders of an HSD who attend a school outside of Egypt are required to obtain an “Accreditation Letter” from AMIDEAST.
  • Holders of HSDs from the USA must have the school and Egypt’s cultural attaché in Washington stamp their diplomas and other documentation proving their completion of 12 years of formal education.
  • Holders of HSDs from Arab nations must have their diplomas attested by the Egyptian Embassy, the country’s Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Canadian Certificate/French Baccalaureate/German Secondary Certificate (Abitur)

  • Holders must submit the results for evaluation following the standards established by the Superior Council of Egyptian Universities.

Transfer Students

  • The “General Prerequisites” listed above, the paperwork about their high school diploma, an enrollment letter in Arabic, a transcript, and a course description stamped by the prior university must all be submitted by transfer students.
  • Transfer students from countries other than Egypt must have the Egyptian Embassy stamp their documents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *