Sohag University is dedicated to offering outstanding academic programs to equip graduates with the skills necessary to compete in the job market, competitive scientific research to raise the university’s standing globally, and supportive community services for the development of sustainable communities following societal values and Egypt’s vision 2030.
In light of a system that promotes innovation, knowledge production, and sustainable development at the local and global levels, the University pursues leadership in the areas of education, scientific research, and community service.
About Sohag University
Sohag University is a regional institution with a broad strategic objective that is to provide skilled graduates with the scientific and practical skills needed to fill the gaps in the local and national labor market. It also intends to raise a new generation of eminent scientists. It’s important to note that Sohag University’s history dates back to 1971 when the first faculty—the department of education—was built.
Following this, the faculties of science, the arts, and medicine were built. Originally under the control of Assuit University, these faculties later transferred to South Valley University.
To include all of the colleges in the Sohag governorate, Sohag University was established in 2006. The university’s faculties are split between two campuses, the older of which is in the east of the Sohag governorate and covers about 30 acres (Central Administration, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Human Medicine, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Pharmacy, Technical Institute of Nursing, university hospitals).
And the new one in the new city of Sohag, which is about 11 km from the old university, has an area of 1,000 acres (750 acres for buildings and 250 acres for farms), and it has (Faculties of Commerce, Education, Arts, Agriculture, Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, College of Physical Education, College of Law, Faculty of Al-Alsun, Faculty of Computers and Artificial Intelligence, and the Conference Center) (New Suez Canal Hall).
Since its founding in 2006, the university has played a significant part in supporting national issues and supporting the development process. This has been done through the contributions of its centers and units of a special nature in community service and environmental development, as well as through the services it offers in a variety of fields.
Faculty and Departments At Sohag University
Faulty of Science
- Botany & Microbiology
Faculty of Education
- Academic Departments
- Pedagogy Department
- Teaching Methods Department
- Department of Educational Psychology
- Department of Comparative Education
- Department of Mental Health
- The Department of Educational technology
Faculty of Arts
- The Department of Arabic Language
- The Department of English Language
- The Department of French Language
- Oriental Languages Department
- The Department of Islamic Studies
- The Department of Greek and Latin Studies
- The Department of History
- Geography Department
- The Department of Philosophy
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Psychology
- The Department of Libraries and Information
- Media Department
- Translation Program Website
- Arabic Program for Non-Native Speakers
Faculty of Commerce
- Revision and accounting program department
- Business administration department
- Economic department
- Quantitative methods department
Faculty of Medicine
- Public Health and Community Medicine
- Forensic medicine & clinical toxicology
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Medical Microbiology & Immunology
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology Department
- Agriculture Economics Department
- Agriculture Microbiology Department
- Animal Production Department
- Dairy Sciences Department
- Faculty vision and Mission
- Food Sciences and Nutrition Department
- Genetic Department
- Horticulture Department
- Plant Pathology Department
- Plant Protection Department
- Poultry Production Department
- Soil And Water Department
Faculty of Industrial Education
- MECHANICS DEPARTMENT
- ELECTRICITY DEPARTMENT
- CONSTRUCTION DEPARTMENT
Faculty of Nursing
- THE DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY AND ADULT NURSING
- CRITICAL CARE & EMERGENCY NURSING DEPARTMENT
- THE DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY NURSING
- THE PEDIATRIC NURSING DEPARTMENT
- NURSING ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
- THE DEPARTMENT OF ELDERLY NURSING
- COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING DEPARTMENT
- DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRIC NURSING AND MENTAL HEALTH
Faculty of Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Physical Education
- Curricula and physical education teaching
- Sports training and kinesiology department
- Sports administration department
- Sport health science department
- Sport physiological and educational science department
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Anatomy, embryology, and histology department
- Histology department
- Gynecology and Venereology department
- Physiology department
- Animal husbandry and behaviors department
- Microbiology department
- Pathology and clinical pathology department
- The healthy monitoring of the foods
- Parasites department
- Animal medicine department
- Nutrition and clinical nutrition department
- Poultry diseases department
- Fish diseases department
- Animal Husbandry and Hygiene department
- Toxicology and forensic medicine department
- The biochemistry and food chemistry department
- Surgery, rays, and anesthesia department
- Surgery department
- Pharmacology department
Faculty of Law
- CIVIL LAW
- CRIMINAL LAW
- COMMERCIAL LAW
- GENERAL INTERNATIONAL LAW
- PRIVATE INTERNATIONAL LAW
- GENERAL LAW
- PHILOSOPHY AND HISTORY OF LAW
- ECONOMY AND GENERAL FINANCE
Faculty of Archeology
- ISLAMIC ANTIQUITIES
- EGYPTIAN ANTIQUITIES
- ANTIQUITIES RESTORATION
Faculty of Computers & Artificial Intelligence
- Information Technique Dep
- Information Systems Dep
- Computer sciences Dep
- Computer Network Dep
Faculty of Specific Education
- Educational Media
- Music Education
- Home Economics
- Art Education
Faculty of Al-Alsun (languages)
- ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
- FRENCH DEPARTMENT
- GERMAN DEPARTMENT
- PERSIAN DEPARTMENT
- HEBREW DEPARTMENT
- ITALIAN DEPARTMENT
FAQS about Sohag University
Q. How many Students Does Sohag University admit per year?
A. The university’s admission rate range is 60-70%.
Q. Is Sohag University a Federal or State School?
A. It is a public university.
Q. What is the cut-off point for Sohag University?
A. Visit the university’s website.
Q. What is Sohag University Official Website?
Q. Is Sohag University a good school?
A. Yes. It is ranked 18th in the country by UniRank.
Q. Are there hostels at Sohag University?
A. Yes! Given that they offer both male and female students with sufficient housing, the hostels are regarded as the most significant institutions at the university. The hostel is home to a large number of both internal and external students.
Because female students can live there, the hostel’s significance increased because, according to their families, the hostel is the safest location for their daughters due to the excellent supervision. The management of the hostel offers various services that make life simple and comfortable for the students, find solutions to their difficulties, and raise the standard of residence while also promoting it.
Q. When is the admission form coming out for Sohag University?
A. Visit the university’s website.
Q. Who founded Sohag University?
A. The university was part, and branch, of South Valley University. The decision to establish the university was made by President Muhammad Hosni Mubarak.
Q. What are the requirements for Sohag University?
A. Students who want to have a strong chance of being admitted to Sohag University must maintain a minimum GPA of 55, according to the university. To increase their chances of admission, students must also engage in extracurricular activities such as sports, project leadership, and community service.