Suez Canal University seeks to hold a prominent position among institutions of higher learning based on its dedication to the promotion of university education and its involvement with the community through groundbreaking research connected to the community.
About Suez Canal University
The Suez Canal University is a public institution in Egypt that serves the Suez Canal area. The three governorates of the Suez Canal Area, it has faculties (Port Said, Ismailia & Suez). It was founded in 1974. It is renowned for its unconventional research methods. With 48 faculties and 21,325 students overall, it has 16 in Ismalia, 13 in Port Said, 10 in Suez, and 9 in Arish.
For research, education, and community development, the institution offers roughly 53 specialized units. The institution was created in 1976 by Presidential Decree No. 93 for 1976, which is when Suez Canal University’s history begins. The first classes at six faculties, including the faculties of science, agriculture, business, engineering, technology (at Port Said), and education, were held in 1977. (in Suez).
The institution had continuous growth in the 1980s and 1990s, with nearly a new faculty branching out every year. Currently, the university has 49588 registered students studying in more than 20 faculties in more than six Branches in Ismailia, Port Said, Suez, and El-Arish. Soon, there will be two more faculties—one for fish and the other for the arts and humanities.
Today, there are more than 1497 senior staff members, who are supported by 1485 junior staff. These individuals teach more than 74097 undergraduate students. In addition to 15082 students who have acquired various graduate degrees, 87500 students have already received their first degrees from the university.
Regarding the administration, the university employs about 6481 people across 25 central directorates, who take on administrative responsibilities in coordination with the university and faculty administrations.
Faculty and Departments At Suez Canal University
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- Clinical pharmacology
- Medical physiology
- Public health, community medicine, environmental medicine, and industrial medicine
- Medical microbiology and immunology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Parasitology
- Human anatomy and embryology
- Medical Education
- Forensic medicine and clinical toxicology
- Histology and heredity
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Educational psychology
- Art and music education
- Home Economics
- Psychological health
- Special Education
- education basics
- Comparative Education and Educational Administration
- Curricula, teaching methods, and educational technology
FACULTY OF COMMERCE
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Statistics and Insurance
- Department of Accounting
- Business Administration Department
- Department of Economics
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History and Civilization
- Department of Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- Department of Geography and Geographic Information Systems
- English translation program
- French interpretation program
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of French Language and Literature
- Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Department of Oriental Languages and Literature
- Population Studies Department
- Library and Information Department
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Architecture and Urban Planning
- Civil engineering Department
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Plant protection department
- Department of Animal Production and Fisheries
- Department of Agricultural Botany
- Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension, and Rural Society
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Land and Water Department
- Department of food industries
- Dairy section
- Crops Department
- Horticulture department
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- Department of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Department of Medicines and Toxicology
- Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy
- Drug department
- Department of Analytical Chemistry
- Department of Biochemistry
FACULTY OF NURSING
- Pediatric Nursing Department
- Department of maternity nursing and obstetrics and gynecology
- Department of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health
- Family and Community Health Department
- Department of Nursing Administration
- The internal and surgical nursing department
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- Crowns and bridges
- Oral biology
- Root canal treatment
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Oral x-ray
- Oral Pathology
- Conservative treatment
- Industrial replacement
- Oral medicine and periodontal disease
- Properties of material
FACULTY OF VETERINARY
- Department of Surgery, Anesthesiology, and Radiology
- Department of Wildlife and Zoos
- Food hygiene department
- Department of Anatomy and Embryology
- Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Parasitology section
- Physiological department
- Virus section
- Department of Biochemistry
- Livestock Development Department
- Department of Avian and Rabbit Medicine
- Department of fish diseases and care
- Pharmaceutical department
- Tissue and cell division
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Bacteriology, Immunology, and Mycology
- Department of Clinical Pathology
- Department of Health, Co-morbidities, and Animal Behaviors
- Department of Nutrition and Clinical Nutrition
- Department of Obstetrics, Reproduction, and Artificial Insemination
- Department of Animal Medicine (Internal and Infectious Diseases)
FACULTY OF TOURISM AND HOTELS
- Hotel management department
- Department of Tourism Studies
- Department of Tourism Guidance
FACULTY OF COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information Systems
- Department of Basic Sciences
Frequently Asked Questions about Suez Canal University
How many Students Does Suez Canal University admit per year?
Answer: The university is a large (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) coeducational higher education institution.
Is Suez Canal University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a public university.
What is the cut-off mark for Suez Canal University?
Answer: As of the time of the publication of this post, the University cut-off points for the 2023/2024 academic year have not yet been released. However, at the Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University an arbitrary 60% cutoff score is used in written exams.
What is Suez Canal University Official Website?
Is Suez Canal University a good school?
Answer: Yes. The university is one of the top public universities in Ismailia, Egypt. It is ranked #1201-1400 in QS World University Rankings 2023. It is also ranked #807 in Best Global Universities.
Are there hostels at Suez Canal University?
Answer: Yes. The University has a very good hostel campus with free Wifi access. Housings for students are available as singles, doubles, and triples.
When is the Admission Form coming out for Suez Canal University?
Answer: Visit the school’s website.
Who founded Suez Canal University?
Answer: The university was established by presidential decree no 193 to transfer Suez Canal University branch in Suez to an independent university.
What are the requirements for Suez Canal University?
Answer: Entry Requirements
- An equivalent certificate for the most recent academic degree granted by Egypt’s top university council
- A letter of candidacy from the student’s home country to the faculty the student desires to attend, outlining the sponsoring organization, the academic year the student wishes to enroll in, and the degree the student has chosen to forgo.
- A certified copy of the student’s year-long passport.
- When requesting admission or registration, the student must present documentation proving that they are HIV-free.
- A certificate of excellence good for one year (for medicine students)
- Submitting application materials to the desired faculty.
- Four individual images.
- The four-year bachelor’s degree grades (for a master’s degree)
- a degree or certification before mastery (for Ph.D.)
An original copy of an information form and three photocopies of it with the student’s signature on them must be provided after meeting all prior requirements.
Enclosing a photocopy of the embassy’s approval confirming the sponsoring organization, the academic year the student desires to enroll in, and the degree the student wishes to pursue during his or her studies at the preferred faculty.