Tansian University has an all-encompassing approach to education. The institution’s approach to education does not prioritize knowledge acquisition above the development of virtues that will advance through successive phases of rebirth to become more godlike and to influence his immediate and wider environment. This follows the Latin word Educo, Educare, educavi, educatum and it’s variant Duci, ducere, duxi, ductum, which means to “lead,” in the etymology of education.
About Tansian University
Tansian University (TANU) is situated in Nigeria’s Anambra State in Umunya, Oyi Local Government Area. A private Christian university describes it. When it was established permanently in Umunya, it began as a temporary site in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area. John Bosco Akam, Rev. Msgr., founded it. Tansian University is a private institution, however, the Anambra State government, led by Governor Peter Obi, gave money and vehicles to help the institution develop and update its infrastructure. Rev. Msgr. Prof. John Akam, the founder of Tansian University, passed away in 2021.
The university’s mission is to promote each student’s intellectual, personal, cultural, and ethical development. It also aims to rebuild knowledge and restore the pride of the black man through the use of a Total Man Concept-driven curriculum, cutting-edge teaching and learning techniques, research, and professional services that support integrated, life-applicable, and life-transforming education that is relevant to the field of science, technology, and humanities.
Nigeria’s Anambra State is home to Tansian University (TANU), which is situated in Umunya, Oyi Local Government Area. A private Christian university, that is. Rev. Prof. John Bosco Akam founded it. On May 17, 2007, Tansian University received its license from the Federal Government and began operating under the close supervision of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The noble attitude of instilling solid, high-quality education without compromising any moral issues is the foundation of Tansian University’s determination to realize its objective of being a dynamic institution. Since its foundation, the university has persisted in providing pertinent academic programs that aim to create highly skilled graduates who will be accepted both locally and internationally, as well as young people who are infused with a love of universal truth for the good of humanity. So far, we have continually worked to improve our teaching practices to produce graduates who are knowledgeable, skilled, and able to make a good impact on the improvement of societal evils.
Faculty and Departments At Tansian University
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- Computer Science
- Industrial Chemistry
- Information and Communication Technology
- Physics and Electronics
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Economics and Statistics
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Public Administration
- Mass Communication
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- (Special) Education
- (Arts) Education
- (Science) Education
- Social Science and Vocational Education
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Estate Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Nursing Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Public Health
FACULTY OF LAW
- Civil Law
FAQS about Tansian University
Q. How many Students Does Tansian University admit per year?
A. It is at the discretion of the university.
Q. Is Tansian University a Federal or State School?
A. TANU is a Private University.
Q. What is the Jamb cut-off mark for TANU?
A. The University JAMB cut-off mark for all courses for the 2023/2024 academic session is 160, therefore, candidates who get up to 160 are automatically eligible for Tansian University internal screening Exercise, but we must warn you, the higher your JAMB score, the higher your chances of clinching the course registered.
Q. What is Tansian University Official Website?
Q. Is TANU a good school?
A. Yes. The university ranked 132nd in Nigeria and 12296th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Q. Are there hostels at Tansian University?
A. Yes. The hostel accommodation is for both fresh and returning students for the 2023/2024 academic session. The hostel Accommodation Fee is 50,000 Naira per student.
Q. When is the Post UTME form coming out for TANU?
A. The University admission form 2023 is out and on sale.
Q. Is Tansian University Under ASUU?
Q. Who founded Tansian University?
A. The university was established by Rev Msgr Prof John Bosco Akam.
Q. What are the requirements for TANU?
A. General Admission Requirements
In TANU, there are essentially two entry methods for admission to undergraduate programs: Direct Entry and the UTME.
TANU admission requirements through UTME
Candidates for UTME admission to Tansian University in 2023 must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- A minimum of 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” marks are required for candidates’ O’level results (s). English language, math, and three other topics pertinent to their area of study must be included. A candidate for law school, for example, needs to have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- Applicants must receive a minimum score of 160 on the JAMB UTME.
- Applicants need to score exceptionally well on the TANU post-UTME screening exam (Depending on the course of study).
- Admission to Tansian University is based only on the outcomes of ONE sitting (TANU).
- Applicants must select the appropriate subject mix for their courses.
- Last but not least, applicants must achieve the required cutoff scores for their courses to be admitted to the university.
TANU admission requirements through Direct Entry
The following criteria must be met by applicants who seek to be admitted directly into Tansian University (TANU):
- Applicants must have a minimum of five (5) credits on their o-level exam. Arithmetic and English language are both required in this. Unfortunately, results from two sittings are not permitted.
- Also, applicants had to be 16 or older.
- Applicants must obtain a JAMB Straight entrance form from JAMB to apply.
- Applicants should possess one of the following documents: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, A-levels from Cambridge, BSc, HND, and ICAN are all examples of diplomas.