Ain Shams University is a center for learning, research, and service that embraces innovation and prepares its graduates academically and professionally to compete in the job market and engage in community service in line with global trends.
About Ain Shams University
In Cairo, Egypt, there is a public institution called Ain Shams University (Arabic: ). The university, which was founded in 1950, offers instruction at the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels.
The third-oldest non-sectarian native public Egyptian university, Ain Shams University, was established in July 1950 under the name Ibrahim Pasha’s University. The oldest universities are historic Islamic institutions like Al-Azhar and private establishments like the American University in Cairo. The Zafarana Palace, a former royal residence, once stood on the location. Cairo University (previously Fuad I University) and Alexandria University are the two older institutions of this type (Farouk I university formerly). Ain Shams University originally consisted of a variety of faculties and academic institutions that were eventually combined to form a university.
The academic organization of the university consists of 14 faculties, 1 college, 2 high institutes, 12 centers, and special units.
The university of Ain Shams includes eight campuses. All of them are in Greater Cairo, however, two of them are near to each other and divided from one another by El-Khalifa El-Maamoun.
The main campus, located in Abbassia, Cairo, also includes the faculties of computer science, science, law, and art in addition to the Science Education Development Center, Central Library, Child Hood Center, and University City (a dorm for students). The faculties of business, al-Sun, pharmaceutical science, and dentistry are located on the opposite campus. The president of the film firm, Gaby Khoury, said that Sherif Hammad “insisted that the filming should cease and that we would be reimbursed” because he “wasn’t able to ensure the protection of the materials or the artists,” among other things.
Ain Shams University is placed third in Egypt, twenty-fifth in the Arab World, and fifteenth in Africa in the 2014 Webometrics Global Universities rankings, which are not meant to place universities in any particular order.
Faculty and Departments At Ain Shams University
- Faculty of Agriculture (4 years)
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce (4 years)
- Faculty of Computer and Information Science (4 years)
- Faculty of Education (4 years)
- Faculty of Dentistry (6 years)
- Faculty of linguistics (Al Alsun) (4 years)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine (7 years)
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy (6 years)
- Faculty of Engineering (5 years)
- Faculty of Science (4 years)
- Faculty of Specific Education
- Faculty of Women for Arts, Science, and Education.
- Faculty of Archaeology (4 years)
- Institute of Environmental Studies and Research
- Institute of Postgraduate Childhood
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine The Higher Institute of Cooperative & Managerial Studies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Ain Shams University
How many Students Does Ain Shams University admit per year?
Ain Shams University (ASU) is a sizable coeducational higher education institution in Egypt (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students).
Is Ain Shams University a Federal or State School?
It is a public institution.
What is the cut-off mark for Ain Shams University?
Visit the university’s website to know about this.
What is Ain Shams University Official Website?
Is Ain Shams University a good school?
Yes. It is ranked #540 in Best Global Universities. The university also ranked 2nd in Egypt, 1143rd in the global 2023 rating, and scored in the TOP 50% across 91 research topics.
Are there hostels at Ain Shams University?
Yes. The university Hostels have comfortable living conditions.
When is the Admission Form coming out for Ain Shams University?
Check the university’s official website to find out.
Who founded Ain Shams University?
The university was established under the name of “Ibrahim Pasha University”.
What are the requirements for Ain Shams University?
The University Admissions Process
The procedure for admission to Ain Shams University is as follows:
- The initial scanning of all required documents for admission is the responsibility of the student.
- Now look for the entry form that will be present there on the university’s official website.
- Send it in after filling it out.
- An offer letter will be created following verification and sent to the email address supplied during registration.
- After the offer letter has been generated, pay the fees.
- As soon as the fees are paid, admission is guaranteed.
- You can then book a flight to Egypt for MBBS after receiving confirmation and applying for a visa.
Documents Needed For The University Entrance
The following paperwork is required for admission to the MBBS program at the University:
- 12th-grade passing certificate, 15 passport-size photographs, and NEET UG qualifying scorecard
- Statement of Character
- a statement of good health
- Migration Certificate, Birth Certificate, and Passport.