Al-Ahram Canadian University is the first institution in Egypt that collaborates with top Canadian universities to develop and construct its academic programs, instructional strategies, and administrative practices. It is dedicated to upholding both Canadian and Egyptian educational standards.
About Al-Ahram Canadian University
Egypt’s 6th of October City is home to the private institution known as Al-Ahram Canadian University (ACU). The Egyptian daily newspaper Al-Ahram founded the university. It has a School of Commerce, a Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, a Faculty of Mass Communication, a Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, and a Faculty of Engineering. The university also operates specialized centers, such as the Center of Excellence, the Educational Center of Dental Medicine, the Center of Media Studies, the Research Center for Administrative and Economic Studies, the Research Center and Consultancy in Information Technology, and the Consultancy Center in Pharmaceutical Services.
Prof. Ibrahim Nafie, a reformed journalist, writer, and former chairman of the Al-Ahram Board of Directors, was the one who first put out the concept for Al-Ahram Canadian University.
Its founding goal was to build an educational structure with exceptional success as its ultimate goal. According to presidential Decree No. 393 (2004), Al-Ahram Canada University was established in 2005 and is a non-profit, authorized educational institution connected to Al- Ahram Establishment (Al-Ahram Egyptian Daily Newspaper). Programs at Ahram Canadian University are renowned and cater to local and national populations’ needs. In collaboration with national and international institutions, it also carries out original and creative research.
The inauguration of four colleges—the faculties of pharmacy, business administration, mass communication, and computer sciences and information technology—marks the beginning of ACU’s history as an educational institution. The Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine was formally inaugurated in 2013, and the Faculty of Engineering followed in 2014. Three new faculties will be launched in 2019 by the current chairman of the Al-Ahram Board of Directors, Mr. Abdel Mohsen Salma: the faculties of physiotherapy, design and innovative arts, and languages and translation. This has been a sincere donation made under Mr. Salma’s supervision to support community services and get students ready for rewarding jobs in a variety of sectors that suit the needs of a rapidly evolving global society.
As a result, ACU presently has nine faculties: the faculties of pharmacy, business administration, computer sciences, and information technology, mass communication, oral and dental medicine, engineering, physiotherapy, design and innovative arts, and languages and translation. Additionally, the university operates specialized centers, such as the Center of Excellence, the Educational Center of Dental Medicine, the Center of Media Studies, the Research Center for Administrative and Economic Studies, the Research Center and Consultancy in Information Technology, and the Consultancy Center in Pharmaceutical Services.
The National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education will nationally accredit the faculties of pharmacy and mass media in 2019 and 2021, respectively. Importantly, both faculties have started postgraduate programs this year [2021–2022 Academic Year] to foster students’ sense of competition and support autonomous scientific research that takes into account both national and international needs. To meet the demands of the labor market and Egypt’s 2030 Vision, ACU plans to build several additional faculties shortly, including the colleges of medicine, nursing, and biotechnology.
Faculty and Departments At Al-Ahram Canadian University
Faculty of Dentistry
- Department of Basic & Medical Sciences
- Department of Restorative Dental sciences
- Department of Preventive Dental Sciences
- Department of Removable Prosthodontics
- Department of Biomedical sciences
Faculty of Physical Therapy
- Basic Sciences Department
- Department of Physical Therapy for Internal Medicine and Surgery
- Department of Physical Therapy for Orthopedics and Orthopedics Surgery
- Department of Physical Therapy for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Department of Physical Therapy for Pediatrics and Woman’s Health
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmacy Practice
Faculty of Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Electrical Power and Control Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Computer Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering – Mechatronics Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering – Production Engineering and Mechanical Design
Faculty Of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Computer Science Major
- Computer Networks Major
- Software Engineering Major
- Artificial intelligence Major
Faculty of Design and Creative Arts
- Interior Design and Furniture Program
- Graphic Design and Multimedia Program
- Industrial Product Design
- Fashion Design &Textiles Program
- Film Production &TV Program
- Visual Arts Program
School of Business Administration
- Accounting Program
- Financial Economic Program
- Human Resource & Management Program
- Marketing Program
Faculty of Mass Communication
- Television and Radio
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Visual Communication
Faculty of Languages and Translation
- The Department of English Language
- The Department of French Language
- The Department of Spanish Language
- The Department of German Department
- The Department of Chinese Language
- The Department of Japanese Language
- Arabic Programme
- Administrative Personnel
Frequently Asked Questions about Al-Ahram Canadian University
How many Students Does Al-Ahram Canadian University admit per year?
Answer: It is a small coeducational Egyptian higher education institution (uniRank enrollment range: 2,000-2,999 students).
Is Al-Ahram Canadian University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a private university.
What is the cut-off mark for Al-Ahram Canadian University?
Answer: As of the time of the publication of this post, the University cut-off points for the 2023/2024 academic year have not yet been released.
What is Al-Ahram Canadian University Official Website?
Is Al-Ahram Canadian University a good school?
Answer: Yes. It is a premier modern educational institution of high international standards that uses cutting-edge teaching techniques similar to those used in Canadian institutions and is primarily motivated by academic excellence rather than financial concerns.
Are there hostels at Al-Ahram Canadian University?
Answer: Yes! It offers a girls’ hostel located close to the University campus.
When is the Admission Form coming out for Al-Ahram Canadian University?
Answer: Check the school’s website.
Who founded Al-Ahram Canadian University?
Answer: The university was established by Al-Ahram Egyptian daily newspaper.
What are the requirements for Al-Ahram Canadian University?
Answer: Qualification for Admission
The academic prerequisites for admission to Ahram Canadian University vary depending on the high school diploma obtained.
You should be aware that the Enrollment Office for Non-public Universities of the Ministry of Higher Education may undergo modifications.
Ahram Canadian University
Thanaweya Amma and Thanaweya Azhareya from the Middle East
- obtaining at least 60% for business and mass communication and 78% for the pharmacy category.
- Students seeking Computer Science & IT must have at least a 65 percent grade in the “Mathematical Thanaweya Branch.”
- Students interested in pharmacy programs must be enrolled in biological science’s Thanaweya division.
- Students from any Thanaweya branch are welcome to apply for leadership or mass media positions.
Ahram Canadian University Diploma Program
After completing 8 distinct subjects, though.
- Students who are licensed must have completed grades 10, 11, and 12 in the American educational system.
- Less than one credit cannot be approved for a subject.
- The disciplines provided should include the appropriate courses pertinent to the study group of choice at Ahram Canadian University.
- Calculations may be made for subjects from Grades 12, 11, or 10. Therefore, four G12 individuals must be included in the calculation as a minimum.
- Exercise, music, yearbook, religion, and other topics are not reviewed.
- Therefore, the outdated SAT will not be accepted.
- The minimum authorized SATI score for the academic year (2010–2011) is 1200–2400.
- Although it is not required, the SAT II offers students additional benefits in the study (a minimum score of 900/1600 is required for the academic year 2010–2011).
- SAT II subjects must be taken into account.
- For the Faculty of Computer Science and alternative subjects, math is a must (physics-chemistry-biology).
- The Pharmaceutical Faculty requires biology as a substitute subject (physics-chemistry-mathematics).