For Alexandria University to assume a leading role in its local, Arab, African, Mediterranean, and worldwide settings, it strives to recover the historic standing of Alexandria University and to accomplish a thorough qualitative leap in a variety of fields of knowledge. The University of Alexandria is a top-tier, national institution that combines teaching, research, and development with the creation and sharing of information. Furthermore, emphasize the development of the modern person and the cultural restoration of society. You can assume leadership roles across all industries.
About Alexandria University
Alexandria University is a public university in Alexandria, Egypt. It was founded in 1938 as a satellite of Fouad University, which eventually changed its name to Cairo University, and it became a separate institution in 1942. Before the 1952 Egyptian Revolution, it was known as Farouk University; after that, it changed its name to the University of Alexandria. The first president of Alexandria University was Taha Hussein. It is currently Egypt’s second-largest university and has numerous affiliations with other universities to support ongoing research.
One of Egypt’s biggest universities, Alexandria University, was founded after the American University in Cairo and Cairo University. The 21 faculties and 3 institutes at Alexandria University provide a variety of courses in social, medical, engineering, mathematics, and other sciences. Outside of Alexandria, the university had branches at Damanhour and Matrouh, both of which later became separate institutions. and an international branch in the city of New Bogh El Arab. Additional branches have been established outside of Egypt in N’Djamena, the capital of the Republic of Chad, and Juba, the South Sudanese capital.
Faculty and Departments At Alexandria University
Faculty of Medicine
- Anesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care
- Critical Medicine
- Clinical Pathology
- Chest diseases
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Surgery
- Physical Medicine
- Critical Care
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Microbiology And Immunology
- Pharmacology And Toxicology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
Faculty of Dentistry
- Department Of Pediatric Dentistry & Dental Public Health
- Department OF Biomaterials
- Department Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
- Prosthodontics Department
- Department Of Oral Pathology
- Department Oral Biology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Forensic Medicine, Toxicology, and Veterinary Regulations
- Histology and Cytology
- Anatomy and Embryology
- Animal Husbandry and Animal Wealth Development
- Nutrition and Veterinary Clinical Nutrition
- Food Hygiene
- Animal Hygiene and Zoonoses
- Poultry and Fish Diseases
- Animal Medicine
Medical Research Institute
- Applied Medical Chemistry
- Human Physiology
- Immunology and Allergy
- Histochemistry and Cell Biology
- Radiation Sciences
- Cancer Management and Research
- Medical Biophysics
- Biomedical Informatics and Medical Statistics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Genetics
- Experimental and Clinical Surgery
- Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine
- Chemical Pathology
High Institute of Public Health
- Tropical Health and Parasitology
- Occupational Health and Industrial Medicine
- Environmental Health
- Health Administration and Behavioral Sciences
- Family Health
- Primary Health Care
FAQS about Alexandria University
Q. How many Students Does Alexandria University admit per year?
A. This is at the discretion of the university. However, it is home to 150,000 full-time students.
Q. Is Alexandria University a Federal or State School?
A. It is a public research university.
Q. What is the Alexandria University Official Website?
Q. What is the cut-off mark for Alexandria University?
A. The university requires students to maintain a minimum percentage of 60 to stand a good chance to get admission into the school.
Q. Is Alexandria University a good school?
A. Yes. It is one of the top public universities in Alexandria, Egypt. The university is ranked #1001-1200 in QS World University Rankings 2023. It is ranked 501 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University and has an overall score of 3.6 stars. It is also the second-largest university in the country.
Q. Are there hostels at Alexandria University?
A. Yes. The university offers heavily funded housing facilities to about 5460 students.
Q. When is the admission form coming out for Alexandria University?
A. Check the school’s website.
Q. Who founded Alexandria University?
A. Taha Hussein was the founding rector of the University.
Q. What are the requirements for Alexandria University?
A. Alexandria University Admission Process
- All necessary documents must be scanned and stored on the device for later use by the student.
- Then go to the college’s official website and look for the entry form, which should be there.
- Click the apply button on the website after accurately entering all the information requested in the application form.
- The institution will generate an acceptance letter after checking your information and deliver it to the mailing address you supplied when registering.
- After receiving the offer letter, make the first year’s fee payment online.
- Once the first year’s fee is paid, the authority will confirm your admission.
- Once you have received confirmation from the university, you can apply for a visa, marking the end of the admissions process.
Documents Required For Alexandria University Admission
The below documents are necessary for MBBS admission at Alexandria University:
- Academic documents
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) & Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- 8 passport size photographs
- Original and replica of the passport
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) passing scorecard is mandatory
- Birth certificate original or copy
- Acceptance letter from Alexandria University
- AIDS/HIV test which wanted to be attested by the ministry of foreign affairs
- Medical certificate.