The goal of the Anglican University College of Technology is to alter Ghana’s science and technology curriculum to advance national development. It is a private university established by the Ghanaian Anglican Church to provide excellent tertiary education in the fields of business administration, general agriculture, and health care.
About Anglican University College of Technology
The Anglican Communion in Ghana established the Anglican University College of Technology (ANG.U.TECH) in 2008. To develop highly qualified science and technology human resources, carry out ground-breaking research, and offer extension services for the nation, ANG.U.TECH was founded.
The University College, which is set up as a multi-campus university, will offer financially sound programs designed to produce graduates who can aid in the socioeconomic advancement of the nation.
ANG.U.TECH is a Christian college that accepts students from all backgrounds and religions while maintaining its Christian identity. Under the distinguished patronage of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, and the then President of the Republic of Ghana, His Excellency John Agyekum Kufour, among other dignitaries, the University College was officially opened on March 29, 2008, at the Cathedral Church in Kumasi, the St. Cyprian’s Anglican Church. Following her appointment in January 2008, Prof. Marian Ewurama Addy, the first President of the University College, was formally sworn in during the ceremony. In July of the same year, at the University of Kent in Canterbury, United Kingdom, as a side event for the Lambeth Conference, an international launch took place.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is linked to the University College (KNUST). On October 25, 2013, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the University’s first college, was opened in Nkoranza, in the Brong-Ahafo Region, to prepare for the admission of the first group of students.
Faculty and Departments In Anglican University College of Technology
- Bsc. Nursing
- BSc.Physician Assistantship
- BSc. Banking and Finance
- BSc. General Management
- BSc. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BSc. Marketing
- BSc. Accounting
- BSc. Human Resource Management
Frequently Asked Questions about Anglican University College of Technology
How many Students Does the Anglican University College of Technology admit per year?
Answer: This is at the discretion of the university.
Is ANGUTECH a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a private higher education institution.
What is the cut-off mark for ANGUTECH?
Answer: The University currently uses the standard cut-off point of SSSCE aggregate of 36 or better; WASSCE aggregate of 24 or better; the ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels.
What is ANGUTECH’s Official Website?
Is Anglican University College of Technology a good school?
Answer: Yes. The university ranked 56th in Ghana and 13082nd in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels in ANGUTECH?
Answer: Yes. The university has conducive hostel accommodation for students.
When is the admission form coming out for ANGUTECH?
Answer: The ANGUTECH form for 2023/2024 is now available online through www.angutech.edu.gh and registration of the ANGUTECH form will commence by May 2023. The closing date for the registration of Anglican University College Of Technology admission 2023 has been scheduled between June 30th to July 31st, 2023.
Who founded the Anglican University College of Technology?
Answer: The university was established by the Anglican Church (Ghana).
What are the requirements for ANGUTECH?
Answer: ANGUTECH UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Entry requirements for an Undergraduate degree Programme
Any of the following qualifications must be met by applicants to the Bachelor’s Degree Program at ANGUTECH:
- Passes (A1-C6) in each of six (6) topics, which are made up of three (3) core subjects and three (3) pertinent electives.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels
- Credit in at least five (5) GCE “O” level (or equivalent) subjects, including English and mathematics, with at least two Advanced Level, passes in each subject.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Candidates must have earned a strong HND diploma after graduation (i.e. at least 2nd class division).
- The applicant must also have two years of work experience after receiving their HND. The application of mentoring instruction practice with relation to HND applicant entry levels is also possible.
Consideration may be given to other diplomas from other countries that have been determined to be on par with an HND.
- Candidates must be at least 25 years old and provide identification, such as a birth certificate or other official document, as proof of age. Also, candidates must be proficient in both English and mathematics.
- The Older Students’ Entrance Examination in English Language, Mathematics, and Aptitude Test is required of applicants without credit passes in English Language and Mathematics.
Serving Officers (BSc. Nursing and Diploma in Midwifery Only)
- After completing an Access Course offered by the University College, certificate holders in HAC/NAC/NAP and Community Health Nurses will be admitted to various levels in the BSc. Nursing and Diploma in Midwifery programs.
ANGLICAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT AND ANGUTECH INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Those with equivalent qualifications (as listed above) or similar qualifications may apply for consideration for admission.
- Candidates from abroad must have a current passport.
- Should be prepared to obtain a resident permit and follow the rules governing foreigners’ status in Ghana.
- To determine equivalences and eligibility for admission to higher institutions in Ghana, all international students will be submitted to the National Accreditation Board (NAB).