The mission of Atiba University is to develop, nurture and spread a competitive multidisciplinary curriculum, program, and culture of excellence in teaching, learning, research, and innovation.
About Atiba University
In the city of Oyo Town, Oyo, there is a private university called Atiba University. It was founded in December 2017 to serve as a knowledge repository, developer, and disseminator in a world where knowledge resources will progressively outweigh our material resources as drivers of economic growth and national development. The anticipated institutional values of the university, as well as its multiplier economic, cultural, and social benefits in Nigeria and around the world, would not only increase but also shine following the Proprietor’s vision.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) Abuja officially registered Atiba University on December 6, 2017, and on December 19, 2017, the NUC gave the institution a temporary license to conduct business as a private university. The academic program and extracurriculars at the university Oyo are founded on and characterized by a practical egalitarian educational philosophy. This philosophy guides both our vision and mission statement, which also serve as the foundation for the university’s strategic operational goals.
The authorities of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU), led by the Vice Chancellor and the Principal Officers, and the university, Oyo, led by Alhaji Abdulrahman Idris (BOT Chair), met on March 8, 2018, to design a workable road map for the development and advancement of the university. Over a five-year trial period, OAU will be the university’s academic and administrative mentor. On some crucial academic and administrative matters, OAU will offer professional guidance. OAU was specifically chosen because it has a history of academic success and a high standard of conduct that is expected to lead and nurture the new school toward academic maturity.
Faculty and Departments at Atiba University
FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
- M. L. S. Medical Laboratory Science
- NSc. Nursing Science
FACULTY OF ARTS, SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of English Media and Cultural Sciences
- Department of Social and Management Sciences
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- Department of Biological and Chemical Science
- Department of Physical and Computer Science
FACULTY OF LAW
Frequently Asked Questions about Atiba University
How many Students Does Atiba University admit per year?
Answer: The university matriculates 174 students for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Is Atiba University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a private higher education institution.
What is the Jamb cut-off mark for Atiba University?
Answer: The UTME cut-off mark for all courses in the university 2023/2024 academic session is 180.
What is Atiba University Official Website?
Is Atiba University a good school?
Answer: Yes! The university ranked 157th in Nigeria and 14077th in the World 2023 overall rankings.
Are there hostels at Atiba University?
Answer: Yes. The university hostels are conducive, clean, safe, and well secure.
When is the Post UTME form coming out for Atiba University?
Answer: The university’s Post UTME Form 2023 is out now.
Is Atiba University Under ASUU?
Answer: No! The university is not under ASUU.
Who founded Atiba University?
Answer: The university was established by James Adesokan Ojebode, Ph., JP.
What are the requirements for Atiba University?
Answer: General Admission Requirements
In essence, Direct Entry and UTME are the two entrance procedures accessible at AU for admission to undergraduate programs.
AU admission requirements through UTME
Applicants who want to enroll at Atiba University after the UTME in 2023 must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years old to apply.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” on their O’level results (s). There must be the English language, math, and three more subjects related to their field of study. For instance, an applicant to law school must receive a “C” or better in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- A minimum JAMB UTME score of 160 is required for applicants.
- Candidates must take and pass the highly difficult AU post-UTME screening exam (Depending on the course of study)
- Passing only ONE exam sitting is required for admission to Atiba University (AU)
- Candidates must choose the right combination of subjects for their courses.
- Last but not least, to be accepted to the university, applicants must obtain the necessary cutoff scores for their courses.
AU admission requirements through Direct Entry
To be admitted straight into Atiba University (AU), applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- Five credits are the absolute minimum that a candidate’s O-level score must have (5). This requires both English and mathematics. Therefore, the results of two sittings are not permitted.
- In addition, applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- A JAMB Straight admission form must be obtained from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should possess any of the following diplomas: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.