The goal of Tanta University is to produce and apply knowledge in an innovative, industry-leading, and competitive manner to achieve sustainable development.
About Tanta University
Tanta University is an institution of higher learning in the Egyptian city of Tanta in the Al Gharbiyah governorate. The Ministry of Higher Education has direct scientific oversight over the university.
It was initially established in 1962 as a division of the University of Alexandria with only the faculty of medicine, and in 1972 it became an autonomous institution of higher learning known as the University of the Middle Delta. At the time, it had faculties for education, science, agriculture, and medicine. Then, in 1973, Tanta University was given its current name.
The Kafr ash Shaykh campus of the university was established in 1983. It has faculties for agriculture, business, engineering, special education, veterinary medicine, and the arts. Kafr ash Shaykh University was established in Kafr ash Shaykh city after the Kafr ash Shaykh branch of Tanta University separated in 2006. It now has faculties for education, agriculture, special education, veterinary medicine, commerce, engineering, physical education, and the arts.
Tanta University adheres to a sustainable development strategy for enhancing the learning environment, knowledge production, innovation, and entrepreneurship to meet the demands of the labor market in all sectors and keep up with the development of competitive applied research that addresses social issues on a global scale.
Faculty and Departments At Tanta University
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- Department of medical education
- Histology and cell biology
- Medical Pharmacology
- Public Health and Community Medicine
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Physiology
- Human Anatomy and Embryology
- Microbiology and Immunology
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacognosy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- Oral Pathology
- Oral Biology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pedodontic, Oral Health, and Preventive Dentistry
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Crown and Bridge
- Restorative Dentistry
- Oral Medicine, Periodontology, Oral Diagnosis, and Radiology
FACULTY OF NURSING
- Nursing Services Administration
- Nursing Community Health and Geriatric
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Department of Maternal and Neonatal Nursing
- Department of Pediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Emergency and Critical Care Nursing Department
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Mathematics Department
- Physics Department
- Chemistry Department
- Geology Department
- Botany Department
- Zoology Department
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Irrigation and Hydraulics Engineering
- Mechanical Power Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Power and Machines Engineering
- Computer and Automatic Control Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Production Engineering and Mechanical Design
- ِAِrchitecture Engineering
- Public Works Engineering
- Engineering Physics and Mathematics
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Food science and technology Department
- Land and Water Department
- Agricultural economics department
- Horticulture Department
- Animal Production Department
- Genetics Department
- Crops Department
- Agricultural Botany Department
- Agricultural Engineering Department
- Plant Protection Department
FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Information Systems
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Software Engineering
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Curricula and Teaching Methodology
- Department of Educational Foundations
- Department of Educational Psychology
- Departmento f Mental Health
- Department of Comparative Education
- Department of Kindergarten
- Department of Arabic Language and Islamic Studies
- Department of Foreign languagesE
- Department of Foreign LanguagesF
FACULTY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- Curricula &Methodology Department
- Sports Training &Kinesiology Department
- Sports Health Sciences Department
- Sports Recreation and Management Department
- Team & Racquet Sports Department
- Sport Psychology Department
- Gymnastics, Exercises, Kinetics & Performance Department
- Aquatic Sports Department
- Combat &Individual Sports Department
- Track &Field Events Department
FACULTY OF SPECIFIC EDUCATION
- Education Technology
- Music Education
- Educational and Psychological Sciences
- Home Economics
- Art Education
- Educational Media
FACULTY OF COMMERCE
- Accounting Department
- Business Administration Department
- Economic and Public Finance Department
- Statistics and Mathematics, Insurance Department
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Libraries and Information
- Arabic Language and its literature
- English Language and its literature
- French Language and its literature
- Department of Oriental Languages
- Department of History
- Department of Geography and GIS
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Media
FACULTY OF LAW
Frequently Asked Questions about Tanta University
How many Students Does Tanta University admit per year?
Answer: The university currently enrolls over 117000 students.
Is Tanta University a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a public higher education institution.
What is the cut-off mark for Tanta University?
Answer: Check the school’s website.
What is Tanta University Official Website?
Is Tanta University a good school?
Answer: Yes. It is ranked #835 in Best Global Universities. The university t is ranked #1201-1400 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Are there hostels at Tanta University?
When is the Admission Form coming out for Tanta University?
Answer: Visit the university’s website.
Who founded Tanta University?
Answer: The university was accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt. It was established as a branch of the University of Alexandria and was conferred independent university status.
What are the requirements for Tanta University?
Answer: The university requires students to maintain a minimum percentage of 55 to stand a good opportunity to get admission into the University.