The University of Eldoret aims to provide outstanding education, training, research, and consultancy in Science, Agriculture, and Technology to meet the requirements and ambitions of a dynamic society. Every student has the potential to study and flourish, according to the university. that a decision to learn is taken in a welcoming setting.
Students actively engage in critical thinking and theory in such a setting to develop their thinking skills and ability to apply theoretical information. The capacity to educate and conduct research is a talent that should be developed. The University is concentrated on its primary goal of cultivating, teaching, and learning the right kind of education, raising the right kind of leaders, promoting the right kind of values, and graduating the right kind of students to bring about the right kind of reforms that this nation needs.
About the University of Eldoret
The University of Eldoret is one of the 22 public universities in Kenya and is located in Eldoret Town, Uasin Gishu County, about 9 kilometers along the Eldoret-Ziwa route. As a Large Scale Farmer’s Training Center, it was established by white settlers in 1946. It was transformed into a teachers’ training college in 1984 and given the new name Moi Teachers’ Training College to provide diploma science teachers training.
The college was taken over by Moi University as a campus in 1990 and given the new name Chepkoilel Campus as a result of the double intake crisis. As of 1990, the university turned it into a campus for programs in natural, basic, and applied science.
Chepkoilel University College, a Constituent College of Moi University, was promoted into a University College in August 2010 by President Mwai Kibaki by Legal Notice No. 125 of 13 August 2010. The University College became the University of Eldoret after the president granted it a charter in March 2013.
Faculty and Departments At the University of Eldoret
School of Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Seed, Crop, and Horticultural Sciences
- Department of Family and Consumer Services
- Department of Agricultural Economics
School of Business, Economics and Management Sciences
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Tourism, Tour and Travel Management
- Department of Hotel and Hospitality
School of Education
- Centre for Teacher Education
- Department of Technology Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Educational Psychology
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Educational Management
- Department of Foundation of Education
School of Engineering
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
School of Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management
- Department of Environmental Planning, Sustainability, and Geoinformatics
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Forestry and Wood Science
- Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Department of Wildlife Management
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
School of Arts and Human Development
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of Quantitative Skills and Development Studies
School of Science
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Physics
Frequently Asked Questions about the University of Eldoret
How many Students Does the University of Eldoret admit per year?
Answer: This is at the discretion of the school but has an acceptance rate of 35%, and an enrollment – of 33000.
Is the University of Eldoret a Federal or State School?
Answer: It is a public university.
What is the cut-off mark for the University of Eldoret?
Answer: Check the University’s website to find out.
What is the University of Eldoret’s Official Website?
Is the University of Eldoret a good school?
Answer: Yes! The University ranked 18th in Kenya, 6725th in the global 2023 rating, and scored in 13 research topics.
Are there hostels at the University of Eldoret?
Answer: Yes! The University has selected several hostels near campus to help the remaining students with private housing arrangements.
When is the Admission Form coming out for the University of Eldoret?
Answer: The Admission Management of the University has released the online Application Form for the 2023/2024 Academic year.
Who founded the University of Eldoret?
Answer: The University by the white settlers as a Large Scale Farmer’s Training Centre.
What are the requirements for the University of Eldoret?
Answer: Entry requirements for Undergraduate Courses
- The minimum entry qualification is C+(plus) at KCSE and must meet explicit program requirements.
Entry Requirements for a Postgraduate Degree Programme
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited University in a subject or subjects relevant to the course applied for.
Entry Requirements for a Masters’s Degree Programme
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least an upper Second class honors; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with lower Second Class Honors and two years of work experience in a related field.
Entry Requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy Programme
• Masters’s Degree from a recognized University in areas of specialization relevant to the program.